Error occurred during Excel sorting: “To perform this operation, all cells must be of the same size.”
- In each row, some cells are merged with 2 columns while others are merged with 3 columns. Therefore, the cell sizes are different.
- Make a copy of the file for backup.
- Clear all formats, which will unmerge all cells.
- Select the area to be sorted and sort it as needed.
- Copy the unsorted area from the backup file.
- Select the sorted area, perform a selective paste, and only paste formats to restore the formats.